Sunday, October 20, 2013

Why Elvis?


I was working on another story when I got a case of writer's block. At the time I had just moved my mother back to Memphis, and I was thinking about my family. Actually, the idea came to me while watching this video:

Elvis was a very spiritual person, so the Idea I had of combining his love of Gospel with his role in the Birth of what we know call rock 'n roll, and so far I've got about 300 pages in a very rough draft. Not bad ,and that's further than I've gotten in my previous attempts. Thrown in a love interest and some baddies that are against rock and roll and are for 'Decency', and viola. Plus it helps to have a few nuts around:

And like the revolution ,they are re-enactors. Only they call themselves tribute artists. some are bad:

and some are quite good:

And speaking of writer's block, there it is again. We'll talk more later.
Jana

No comments:

Post a Comment